Monday, January 19, 2009

nothing like satin sleep wear to make a girl feel pretty

I am writing this knowing that I am about to sound like some naive preteen little shit, I'm okay with it though. 
I've been seeing shooting stars lately. I glance up at the sky and I just catch one. A little burning streak. A flash of momentary stellar beauty.  Some space rock plummeting towards the earths surface only to get burned into dust by atmospheric pressure.  Or at least that is what I recall from astronomy class senior year of high school. I've seen three in the past month or so. Strange to me cause I've only seen two or three before that in my whole life. 
Anyway, like some wishful Peter Pan reading seven year old, I close my eyes. Deep breath. And wish. 
I had a dream.  Standing on the golf corse I saw star after star falling from the sky and I closed my eyes and wished and wished.  He came like a soft breeze, silent across the fairway, laying his hand across the small of my back. 
My wish has not come true. Iraq is still eight hours ahead of us.  He's still there. 
I did tell him all about it, making wishes, my dream everything.
He told me to just believe. How whimsical of him.
Then, browsing jewelry in my favorite super store (target) I found an inspirational necklace.  Behind the tiny silver charm, scrolled across recycled cardboard, it said "Believe."  In case you were wondering, the charm... well it was a tiny falling star. 

I'm going back tomorrow to get it. 

1 comment:

Mikhail said...

I've been going outside lately at around 6-7ish and I always see this extremely bright star out. I'm certain its Polaris the North Star, but its just as bright as the moon it seems. the sky is a wonder.